Binfer E6 System Requirements
The following are the minimum system requirements and firewall configuration settings needed to install and use the Binfer 6 Server, Client, and Endpoint agents.
- Operating System: Windows Server, Windows 7, Windows 10 (64 Bit)
- RAM: 4GB
- Disk Space: 200 MB
- Port: The Binfer 6 Service needs a port on the system to be reserved for file transfers. A few important notes to remember are:
- The chosen port should not be within the dynamic port range. Port 8080 is the recommended port.
- The chosen port cannot be used by any other service on the system.
- Firewall: Firewall settings must
- Allow inbound and outbound traffic for the selected port.
- Allow both http and https connections for the selected port.
- Allow outbound HTTP connections via port 443 to the following domain:
- We recommend whitelisting the entire Binfer domain via the wildcard option, which entails replacing “www” with “*” as see below:
- Network Requirements Confirmation: To confirm the ports have been opened and the firewall has been configured correctly, follow the below connection verification instructions after the installation of the Binfer 6 server:
- In the Binfer 6 management console, go to “SETTINGS>NETWORK” and copy the “Test URL”
- Paste the test URL into the internet browser of an outside device.
- You are good to proceed if you see text in the browser that says “Binfer is On” along with a time stamp. If you do not see this, your port is not open on the firewall.