Binfer 6 - Linux Installation
- The system admin should have access to the “binfer-server-linux.zip” installer and the device where it is being installed.
- The device where the Binfer 6 server is being installed should be capable of remaining online, which will enable 24/7 access by users and all other parties sending and receiving data.
- Ensure the device you are installing Binfer 6 on meets the minimum systems requirement.
- If any other Binfer software applications have been installed on your device in the past, ensure those applications have been completely closed out and uninstalled before proceeding.
- Ensure that all the needed port and firewall configuration requirements are met prior to proceeding with the server installation.
- Ensure you have a static IP address. If not, thoroughly read how to use Binfer 6 using an IP address or dynamic DNS service.
If any of the above prerequisites cannot be met, contact your Binfer representative for further guidance.
Binfer 6 Server Installation Walkthrough
- Create a directory on the machine where you plan to keep all files related to Binfer. We recommend creating a directory for Binfer inside the home directory.
- Unpack binfer-server-linux.zip into it’s own folder inside the Binfer directory
- Navigate into the unpacked directory
- Run the following command to allow the service creation script to execute
chmod 755 createBinfer.sh
- Next you will need to execute the createBinfer.sh script as a super user. You can do this by running the script with the following command
- You can now access your Binfer6 instance on the linux machine using the link
Note: If your Binfer server did not start, Please check for the log files present at following location and follow the error codes help section.
BINFER_SERVICE/logs/.log,.txt – This would be the logs folder wherever Binfer Managed was installed during step 5 of the installation process.
Binfer 6 Configuration Walkthrough
When accessing your service for the first time it will automatically redirect you to configure your instance. The below screens will walk you through setting up your Binfer instance for use.
First, set your system and data directory. Suggested default locations are already provided. Click ‘Next’ when you have set your locations
Select your service type from the drop down and then fill in the requested information. NOTE: For server installation, use the Username and Password provided by your Binfer rep.
After providing the necessary information click “Next”. The system will take a couple minutes to configure then should automatically reroute you to the login screen. Here you can login using the credentials you just provided during configuration and begin using Binfer6.
Note: If you are unable to load the login page your Binfer service did not start. Please check log files for error codes. Log file location and details are specified in the note in the installation section.